View all RRI News.
- U of A Folio, March 17, 2021, by Katie Willis. An innovative approach to livestock grazing could help eliminate climate change-causing greenhouse gases, according to a new study by University … Read More »
- Western Producer, April 11, 2019, by Barbara Duckworth. Paying ranchers for carbon sequestration in grasslands is on the Alberta government agenda but it could be challenging to put into practice. … Read More »
- Folio Magazine, July 3, 2018, by Michael Brown. A University of Alberta student created a model to determine areas of potential archeological and heritage significance to help policy makers, urban … Read More »
Historic beef cattle herd moves into Faculty of ALES: Hays Converters donated to Livestock Genomics program by family that developed breedGreenhouse Magazine, Spring 2018, by Helen Metella. The entire herd of cattle bred and developed by the Hays family was donated to Faculty of ALES livestock genomics program and moved … Read More »
- Greenhouse Magazine, Spring 2018, by Cait Wills. Dr. John Church of Thompson Rivers University in collaboration with Dr. Cameron Carlyle are using drones to assess heat stress in cattle as … Read More »
View Archived Events.
March 23, 2021 – Cattle herd genetics and Ecosystems Goods & Services – seeking research study participantsAre you curious about the genetics of your cattle herd and the environmental impact this has on your ranch? The University of Alberta is seeking participants in a study on …Read More »
- March 17, 2021 at 12:00 noon MT – Linking rotational grazing with greenhouse gas dynamics in grassland soils By: Dr. Edward Bork and Dr. Bharat Shrestha, University of Alberta …Read More »
- RRI-affiliated researchers will be presenting at the 2021 SRM Virtual Annual Meeting: Monday, Feb 15, 2021 in the Invasive Species session Lisa Raatz – Wild licorice control following herbicide …Read More »
Feb 25-27, 2020 – 7th Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop and 5th Transboundary Grassland Partnership WorkshopMSc student, Brendan Bischoff, will be giving a presentation entitled, “Forage recovery following wildfire in the northern dry mixedgrass prairie” at the joint meeting: 7th Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop & …Read More »
- Junhong Lui will present his MSc thesis defense seminar entitled “Assessment of rumen microbiota in beef heifers with different feed efficiency and managed under different feeding systems”. When: January 24, …Read More »