View all RRI News.
- University of Alberta Folio – February 18, 2022 – by Michael Brown Ranchers who frequently rotate cattle between fields — resembling how bison once moved across Canada’s prairie — build … Read More »
- University of Alberta Folio – December 13, 2021 By Bev Betkowski. A new University of Alberta research project could help ranchers customize their cattle to the type of pastures they … Read More »
- University of Alberta Folio – May 04, 2021 By Anna Holtby. Gleise M. Silva grew up in Recife, Brazil—a city perched on the turquoise edge of the Atlantic, home to lush … Read More »
- U of A Folio, March 17, 2021, by Katie Willis. An innovative approach to livestock grazing could help eliminate climate change-causing greenhouse gases, according to a new study by University … Read More »
- Western Producer, April 11, 2019, by Barbara Duckworth. Paying ranchers for carbon sequestration in grasslands is on the Alberta government agenda but it could be challenging to put into practice. … Read More »
View Archived Events.
March 23, 2021 – Cattle herd genetics and Ecosystems Goods & Services – seeking research study participantsAre you curious about the genetics of your cattle herd and the environmental impact this has on your ranch? The University of Alberta is seeking participants in a study on …Read More »
- March 17, 2021 at 12:00 noon MT – Linking rotational grazing with greenhouse gas dynamics in grassland soils By: Dr. Edward Bork and Dr. Bharat Shrestha, University of Alberta …Read More »
- RRI-affiliated researchers will be presenting at the 2021 SRM Virtual Annual Meeting: Monday, Feb 15, 2021 in the Invasive Species session Lisa Raatz – Wild licorice control following herbicide …Read More »
Feb 25-27, 2020 – 7th Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop and 5th Transboundary Grassland Partnership WorkshopMSc student, Brendan Bischoff, will be giving a presentation entitled, “Forage recovery following wildfire in the northern dry mixedgrass prairie” at the joint meeting: 7th Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop & …Read More »
- Junhong Lui will present his MSc thesis defense seminar entitled “Assessment of rumen microbiota in beef heifers with different feed efficiency and managed under different feeding systems”. When: January 24, …Read More »